Virginia Continuing Education COURSE
1 Hr. Virginia Contract Law
Decoding real estate contracts and agreements doesn’t have to be a time-consuming and difficult process. Agents who understand the basic terminology and core components of a valid contract are better able to serve their clients, their industry, and their business.
This 1-hour course, which meets the Real Estate Contracts CE requirement for renewing salespeople and brokers, analyzes common agency agreements (including listing agreements, buyer/broker agreements, and sales contracts), looks at federal and state-specific guidelines for processing contracts, and much more!
Course highlights include:
- A thorough look at contract terminology and the elements of a valid contract
- A comparison look at the three key types of listing contracts—Exclusive Right to Sell, Exclusive Agency, and Open Agency—so that agents understand the benefits and defining characteristics of each
- An examination of how offers can be terminated, as well as the distinctions between a void contract and a voidable contract
- A discussion on state and federal guidelines for correctly handling each contract
- Activities to seal in the new information and frame it in everyday context